EnderEgg Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» {Screw The Roses - Send Me The Thorns The Romance And Sexual
Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 12:08 pm by gennecle

» Ariel Rebel BOX 01
Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 8:59 am by gennecle

» Iron Man 2 720p BRRip Dual Audio [Hindi-Eng] By RiTe$h
Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:11 pm by gennecle

» Iron Man 2 720p BRRip Dual Audio [Hindi-Eng] By RiTe$h
Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:08 pm by gennecle

» Windows 8 Evaluation Key
Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 7:27 pm by gennecle

» Windows 8 Evaluation Key
Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 7:23 pm by gennecle

» Osmos Installer 1.5.6..rar
Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 4:57 am by gennecle

Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 4:54 am by gennecle

Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 4:54 am by gennecle

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Check Out These People!
free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3

3 posters

Go down

Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3 Empty Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3

Post by Abilitiy Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:12 am

Hi, I'm Abilitiy and I wanted to just point out some minor design flaws and possible improvements that could be made to make browsing and using the forum easier - something that is clearly in your best interest. I'm an art student and have spent some time dabbling in graphic design as well as knowing a lot from my brother (he has a degree in media, which includes web design), but if you don't like anything I say here then don't feel pressured to change it; it's your site, after all. I'm just giving you my two cents in the hope that I can improve some stuff.

And so, here is the list:

- The color scheme is a little plain, perhaps some more colors from the End could be introduced? As well as purple's complimentary colors (red-blues, etc.) for font colors in different post types.
- Images and moar color. There seems to be a lot of images currently that are not visible with the current background. Perhaps this could be remedied by using a different title image (with the ender egg) utilizing a lighter background color and even an image of a scene from the End - perhaps a view of endermen in the end, top-down, with the egg on a white border in the center? And the text and other elements ofc. As for small sprites such as the category and topic egg images, perhaps use edited egg sprites from Minecraft, with a small range such as red eggs for hot topics, etc. Difficult to explain without images.
- Some of the darker text is hard to read on the black background
- The text on the category subsections is unreadable - perhaps adjust the font color to black?
- The actually absolute background (the image on the lowest layer) is extremely similar to the secondary background (where all the text is on), perhaps use a large image of a scene from the End or something else end related that is a little lighter? Perhaps a grayish cream color with a Gaussian blur, or pastel yellowish?
- The font size could be increased
- The moving news board is a nice emulation of movement on the site - perhaps the buttons could have a separate state when the mouse passes over them?
- The elements such as the news flash could be sectioned off a little with a border, to better organize the page. Right now it looks a little random and awry, perhaps tighten the area under the site buttons up a bit? Make it look cleaner?
- Again, colors that aren't purple... I know you guys are trying to make it End-themed, but just purple isn't friendly on the eyes.
- On the subject of the buttons, they look a little cheap and powerpoint-ish. Maybe get buttons that aren't so curvy and replace them with more ornate buttons that don't have a fade.

And that's pretty much it.
Thanks for reading this post, I hope I can help in some way and please remember that I'm not trying to offend you in any way, just offer honest advice.

-Abilitiy
Abilitiy
Abilitiy

Eggs : 11

Back to top Go down

Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3 Empty Re: Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3

Post by GreenFirework Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:16 am

We will take these points into consideration. If you would like to, you could create some images/background, we'd be happy to make them appear on the site if we like them. Smile
GreenFirework
GreenFirework
Administrator

Eggs : 51

https://enderegg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3 Empty Re: Design improvements from someone experienced with web stuff - no offense intended :3

Post by TacticalCreeper Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:16 am

@Abilitiy

Colour Scheme - It's the colours of The End. Purple and Black.
Images - We're still adding these.
Background - Already made lighter whilst you were posting this.
Text on Category Subsections - I don't have a problem with it.
Absolute Background - It's from The End. We're working on making it better.
Font Size - Not much we can do about it, but I find it fine and I'm on a 1920x1080 Monitor
News Flash Stuff - Not much we can do about it again
Purple Colours - It's opinion really, and it's easy on some people's eyes.
Buttons - We're still changing all of these

Thanks for the suggestions though, we'll try and use them as best as we can. Smile
TacticalCreeper
Community Manager

Eggs : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum